Step by Step: How to Use count text in excel 2003 2007 2010 for counting Text cells
How to count text in excel 2003 2007 2010? Excel has Count Function that counts data rows where cells contain digit or numeric cells in the column on which this formula is applied. Excel has CountA function to count all non-blank cells in a column.
The way to Count Text Cells or Values is to extract the difference of two count functions i.e. :
Total Text Cells = CountA-Count
In other words no direct formula is not available for counting of text values in cells. Hence, this method may be adopted as stated in below steps.
(a) Sort your data
(b) Formulate your tables: these may be on the same table or on a different worksheet or even different workbooks.
(c) For the sake of example we have created two Tables.
(d) Table from where data is to be retrieved:
(e) Table where data is to be fetched/desired.
Step 2:text cells counting
Ensure spellings for search values are the same in both the tables.
Step 3: count text cells
Make sure there is no extra space.
Step 4: Counting text cells
Final Formula in counting excel text cells
Advantages of count text formula:
1. You may copy and paste Count formula anywhere within the same sheet or even workbook for counting numeric or digit values in any column of any worksheet.
2. A really swift and smooth process for finding and counting of blank entries across the sheets and workbooks with ease and perfection.
Read More to Count Text in excel 2003 2007 2010
- Vlookup and Wildcards partial text match
- Data Validation drop down list
- Left, Right, Mid function
- Upper, Lower Len, Pivot function
- Transpose convert columns to rows
- Short Cut Keys MS Excel
- IF AND Nested If Function
- IF OR combined Function
- Sumif MS Excel How To
- Using Sumifs Function
- Excel Countif Function
- Excel Countifs Function
- Count Blank Cells
- Count Text Cells
- Count numbers Cells
- Using concatenate to combine data